Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Day 5: A couple big rocks

So before even leaving the states, Chris and I had decided we wanted to see Stonehenge. I don't know why. Because it is a big deal. I have to tell you that it was sort of a let down. I mean it is incredible to think about how ancient peoples moved those big stones, but it is no more incredible in real life than it is on the History Channel. Honestly, I think I expected to feel tingly with magic or something. I did get my mom the most awesome present of a really hard jigsaw puzzle. She loves puzzles.
No kidding, her puzzle is pretty much this picture. Hard!

It wasn't a total loss because as we walked around it in a circle listening to our audio guides about how no one knows what it was for I snapped this awesome picture of Matthew.

After Stonehenge, we headed over to Windsor Castle. It has it's own shopping mall. Windsor Castle was very nice. We got to see Queen Mary's doll house which was really pretty awesome. Unfortunately, since it was Sunday there was mass in St. George's Chapel and we could not go in. Chris wouldn't have been allowed anyway because * spoiler alert* King Henry VIII is buried there.

Check out the link above to Wikipedia for the aerial view and to see just how big the castle is.

After Windsor Castle we went into the mall to at Gourmet Burger Kitchen (gbk). Chris had been looking forward to this as it is a Kiwi burger chain. Chris ordered the Kiwi Burger (not actual kiwis), an L&P (Kiwi soda) and a Mac's Gold (Kiwi beer).


Chris's dinner.
A description of the KiwiBurger: beetroot, egg, pineapple, cheese, salad (this means lettuce and tomato), mayonnaise & relish. We will make a voluntary donation on your behalf of 25p which will go to help save the Kiwi in Whakatane**

That was for our Sunday jaunt. Chris and I needed to get some sleep so we could leave for our early flight to Ireland. Luckily, we now knew which train to take.

No comments: